Saturday, June 13, 2009

NBC disappointment

Maybe it's just too late, but since I was awake, I decided to put on Conan tonight. I usually never watch "late night tv", but after hearing about the trip on the show to the 99 cent store I frequent (should I be embarrassed to admit that? They actually sell a fair number of organic products and are one of the closest "all purpose" stores near me outside of garage sales), I decided I'd watch out of curiosity. Anyway, it's frustrating to watch segments on NBC covering the topic of "what I need to know about living in LA" and the first thing that is discussed is that you will be driving a great deal. This is on NBC. I thought NBC was all about the "green image". Don't they tell me that I need to use compact fluorescent light bulbs and reusable bags to be green? Now they are telling me the only way around LA is in a car? I thought they wanted to build tons of building, partially to house this show, right on top of the Metro station I use every single day so people could use the trains! They want to bring thousands of extra cars and car trips to the places that pedestrians and bikers walk and bike adjacent to this train station as well. Argh. Like I said, maybe it's just too late for me, but this is rather disappointing.

No comments: